The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's election is sovereign.
(05-03-2023, 06:39 PM)Linde Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:11 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 01:14 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 04:54 PM)veil23 Wrote: I can understand you not being interested in what a Christian says concerning the Torah.  But what about the different interpretations within Judaism?

If G-d is one there should only be one interpretation of His word. 

Well that's a bold statement as I don't see all of Christianity's interpretations lining up.

Christianity has many wrong interpretations.  There are many wrong doctrines built on the foundation of Christ and then there are interpretations so
wrong that they are not even on the foundation of Christ (though they would claim they are).

How do you know that they are wrong?  How do you know that your idea is right?  For us Jews, all those Christian ideas sound very wrong!

I will explain this way.  If anyone sees a tree they obviously know a creator put it there.  If they want to know this creator He will reveal Himself to them.  If they do not want to know this creator they will shut that door within themselves and build a reasoning that excludes Him.
(05-04-2023, 02:36 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:11 PM)veil23 Wrote: Christianity has many wrong interpretations.  There are many wrong doctrines built on the foundation of Christ and then there are interpretations so
wrong that they are not even on the foundation of Christ (though they would claim they are).

I'll agree with you there!

And each denomination will say their interpretations are the correct ones and the others are wrong. So how can the Holy spirit let that happen?

In Judaism, we don't say (in most cases) that interpretations are wrong. We dig deep to find meaning in every verse, every word, every letter. We believe there may/can be more than one meaning but hold true to the plain meanings.

That's quite different than what you are saying about Christianity.

G-d is one and His word only means one thing.  If Christians have the foundation of Christ and don't throw it away by returning to sin they will make Heaven.  But on top of this foundation most build wrong things.  The Holy Spirit lets this happen because people have free will.  G-d gave dominion over the earth to Adam, remember.  A Christian, if he or she chooses, can get filled with the Holy Spirit and pray in a special language (finger printed to them) in which G-d passes mysteries over to them (that they don't understand) so they can be prayed up by them (since man has dominion on earth he must initiate it) so G-d can bring them to the place where He can reveal them.
(05-05-2023, 05:13 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:11 PM)veil23 Wrote: Christianity has many wrong interpretations.  There are many wrong doctrines built on the foundation of Christ and then there are interpretations so

And each denomination will say their interpretations are the correct ones and the others are wrong. So how can the Holy spirit let that happen?

In Judaism, we don't say (in most cases) that interpretations are wrong. We dig deep to find meaning in every verse, every word, every letter. We believe there may/can be more than one meaning but hold true to the plain meanings.

G-d is one and His word only means one thing.  If Christians have the foundation of Christ and don't throw it away by returning to sin they will make Heaven.  But on top of this foundation most build wrong things.  The Holy Spirit lets this happen because people have free will.  G-d gave dominion over the earth to Adam, remember.  A Christian, if he or she chooses, can get filled with the Holy Spirit and pray in a special language (finger printed to them) in which G-d passes mysteries over to them (that they don't understand) so they can be prayed up by them (since man has dominion on earth he must initiate it) so G-d can bring them to the place where He can reveal them.

Yes, that sounds like what Christianity teaches.
(05-05-2023, 08:17 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Well it comes from the Hebrew scriptures, what can I tell you.
(05-07-2023, 09:05 PM)veil23 Wrote:

How in the world can it come from the Hebrew scriptures?
We don't  know a Christ, or a Holy Spirit and we are not born with sin, which means, we cannot return to this.
Your missionizing efforts start to get tiring.  I don't want to become a Christian!
You sound to me like the Jehovas Witness, or the Mormon people who come ringing at my door to try to save my soul.  I found the best method to get them to leave, is to let my Rottweiler dog answer the door.  I wonder if that would work here, too?
Dr. Linde XXX
(05-07-2023, 09:16 PM)Linde Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:05 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 02:36 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I'll agree with you there!

How in the world can it come from the Hebrew scriptures?
We don't  know a Christ, or a Holy Spirit and we are not born with sin, which means, we cannot return to this.
Your missionizing efforts start to get tiring.  I don't want to become a Christian!
You sound to me like the Jehovas Witness, or the Mormon people who come ringing at my door to try to save my soul.  I found the best method to get them to leave, is to let my Rottweiler dog answer the door.  I wonder if that would work here, too?

The choices you make are your own.  I would never say any different.  And for the record: jw and mormons are not Christian.
(05-07-2023, 09:42 PM)veil23 Wrote: And for the record: jw and mormons are not Christian.

So which of the 10's of thousands of Christian denominations are Christians?
(05-07-2023, 11:47 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:42 PM)veil23 Wrote: And for the record: jw and mormons are not Christian.

Christians are defined by believing this creed:

Yeshua was born with life in His spirit, of a virgin and therefore into a body capable of sin but did not sin.  He was judged and suffered in hell for our sins and then was raised from the dead back into that same body now glorified.  And if He walked righteous in His body that was capable of sin then we should walk righteous in our bodys that are capable of sin because if one believes this creed in their heart and calls on Yeshua they will have the same life in their spirit as He does in His (Not in His divinity but in His humanity).

Anything short of the above is not a Christian.
jws and mormons (and many others) cannot say that above creed (not without repenting or hardening their heart anyway).

(THIS CANT BE CONSIDERED PROSELYTIZING, I WAS JUST ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION.)
(05-09-2023, 05:25 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 11:47 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Christians are defined by believing this creed:

Yeshua was born with life in His spirit, of a virgin and therefore into a body capable of sin but did not sin.  He was judged and suffered in hell for our sins and then was raised from the dead back into that same body now glorified.  And if He walked righteous in His body that was capable of sin then we should walk righteous in our bodys that are capable of sin because if one believes this creed in their heart and calls on Yeshua they will have the same life in their spirit as He does in His (Not in His divinity but in His humanity).

Anything short of the above is not a Christian.
jws and mormons (and many others) cannot say that above creed (not without repenting or hardening their heart anyway).

(THIS CANT BE CONSIDERED PROSELYTIZING, I WAS JUST ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION.)

Well, that's your opinion.
Apparently you don't understand this is a Jewish forum. We are not interested in your Christian theology. We are not interested in being preached at. We've heard all the arguments before and reject them. My opinion? You are really pushing the line. If you want to discuss Judaism and not interject your Christian beliefs, that is fine. Otherwise this may not be the forum for you.